Supertrend Trading Journal 2021 Feb 24

1 hour before the market opens.

Take a look at some of the biggest movers in the premarket: Lowe’s, GameStop, Square, Intuit & more... https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/24/stocks-making-the-biggest-moves-in-the-premarket-lowes-gamestop-square-intuit-more.html

Which one meets my supertrend buy criteria?

None. 

Any stocks in my Yahoo watchlist meeting my Supertrend buy criteria? 

AAL...


How's my purchasing power today?

I can buy up to only 2 stocks. 

Queued for AAL at $20.67.
  • Missed the buy. Opened 2% higher.
  • Don't chase.
  • Miss the buy yesterday at closing too.
  • Lesson: Buy a signal at the current price, not calculated support price. 

Market opens.

Did any stocks on hand meet my Supertrend sell criteria?

BOOM!

CCL is doing well.
Should I sell or hold?


Sell! Why? Current price has hit the weekly pivot point.

SOLD at $27.50.

Check other related stocks that people are also watching. Any buy signal?

Many misses.
Lesson: Check often.

Can I spot any stock with a supertrend buy signal potential from the Finviz screener?

1 hour before the market closes.

Any stock with a buy signal?

Do a separate post.


~ Rookie Trader Journal

PS: What did I learn?
1. Buy a signal at the current price, not calculated support price. 
2. Check stocks related to good stocks that people are also watching on Yahoo Finance. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Traders Make More Money Than Investors

How Stock Market Software Puts You on the Same Level As Pro Traders

Exploring the Current Trends in the S&P500: Microsoft and Tesla Stand Out