Supertrend Trading Journal 2021 Feb 25

1 hour before the market opens.

Any stocks in my Yahoo watchlist meeting my Supertrend buy criteria? 

TALO? If there's a pullback, buy.

Market opens.

TALO opened higher. No pullback.

Did any stocks on hand meet my Supertrend sell criteria?

DAL and AIG.

Sell or hold? 

Hold. Price is above and not touching the weekly pivot point.



How's my purchasing power today?

I can buy up to only 4 stocks. 

What to buy?

Let's check the Finviz screener.

Any potential Supertrend buy signal?

PSXP - maybe but the 1st Supertrend is touching the pivot point. 



Check other related stocks that people are also watching. Any buy signal?

Nothing.

1 hour later...

Prices fall but not TALO.

See you at 3 pm closing time. 

1 hour before the market closes... 

Is there any stock to buy?

Check MarketInOut.com. 

None meets my buy criteria.

Check my watch list.

None.

Is there any stock I can sell?

Market prices dropped across the board.

All the stocks that hit the target are now below the target.

Lesson: Sell when the target is hit. Don't be greedy.

Scan the other stocks people are also watching?

Anything to buy?

Can't find any.

Close.

~ Rookie Trader Journal

PS: What did I learn?
- Sell when the target is hit. Don't be greedy.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Traders Make More Money Than Investors

How Stock Market Software Puts You on the Same Level As Pro Traders

Exploring the Current Trends in the S&P500: Microsoft and Tesla Stand Out