Apr 30 - Rookie Trader Journal 2021

 1 hour before the market opens...

How's my purchasing power today?
  • I can buy 3 stocks.
What's SwaggyStocks saying about Wallstreetbets ticker sentiment?
  • Today. MVIS. 
  • Yesterday. Website problem. Menu blocking.
Are any stocks in my Yahoo Finance watchlist to buy? 
  • None
 Any tips from TraderTV Live?
  • Buy on dip from late April to early May 2021.
  • Wow, they are right. 


Question to self: How to track medical biotech stocks, meme stocks, and penny stocks?



Market opens...

Which stock in hand can I sell?
  • TNXP. Bought $0.97.  Target $1.22. Stop $0.86. 
  • HOTH. Bought $1.46. Target $1.72. Stop $1.39.
  • TSLA. Bought $6.96. Target $755. Stop $675. 


Explore Finviz.com screener.
Crypto

See you tomorrow. 

~ Rookie Trader 

PS: I would like to thank the following...

PS: What did I learn today?

What did I learn previously?
  • Supertrend strategy doesn't work after an uptrend. 
  • New strategy. Fibonacci Pivot Point Resistance and Support.
  • Queue GTD for every buys and sell. 
  • 10% strategy is not efficient. 5% profit is faster to reach. Hence Change to >$100 target strategy instead. 
  • Buy quickly once I identify a stock to buy.
  • Missed SEAC spike 3 times within a week. Dropped to negative immediately after the spike. Lesson - Queue up to sell using GTD. Forget about using alerts.
  • Premarket moves are irrelevant and distracting. Stop tracking them. 
  • Buying at the market close is not a good idea. Too many premature supertrend false alarms. Stop trading the closing hour. 
  • Sell immediately if price spikes on news.
  • Missed the NFT STOCKS!!!!! Pay attention next time follow the trend.
  • Follow most-watched stocks on yahoo finance coz they are more volatile. 
  • I missed many buy signals in the travel industry. So please Monitor all related big movers every day.  
  • Remove emotion from the equation.
  • Sell. Don't hold. Don't be greedy. 
  • Sell when the target is hit. Don't hold. 
  • I need a cut-loss strategy.
  • If I don't sell, I will have no capital to buy. 
  • Stop thinking that I should have held the stock that rose 100% times up after selling. Remember SEAC. Locking the profits at hand is better than risking the opposite direction. 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Traders Make More Money Than Investors

How Stock Market Software Puts You on the Same Level As Pro Traders

Exploring the Current Trends in the S&P500: Microsoft and Tesla Stand Out